Having your own house is pride. If you’ve been living with your parents or renting a house, surely moving to your own house is the moment you’ve been waiting for.
Before occupying a new home, the following tips are worth reading.
- Write down all the requirements you need to move to a new place and save it in an easily found location.
- Look for stores that accept secondhand furniture, just in case one day you want to sell your old furniture.
- Don’t buy time. Start packing up items that you can prepare. Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Make sure you have enough cardboard to load all your belongings.
- Separate valuables and make special notes for such items as antique paintings, jars, statues, and other valuables. When packing, wrap it in newspaper, foam, cloth, or styrofoam to avoid collision damage.
- Keep important documents such as certificates, diplomas, land certificates, birth certificates, bank records, telephone books in a safe and secure place.
- Every family member is required to have their own box to store personal belongings such as stationery, games, dolls. Ask them to give a mark on their respective boxes.
- For safety reasons, do not combine detergents and food or medicines in one box. Separate them in each box.
- After everything has been packaged, go tidy up and clean the room. Please do not leave the house dirty, because it will burden the next occupant after you. Make sure you have swept or mopped the floor of the house.
Next step, you should find an ethical and responsible freight service company, here are the tips:
- Ask your family or friends for recommendations about a good freight services company.
- Look at furniture removals Sydney. Call them and arrange your move schedule. It will help them determine the price range.
- The company should have its truck or boxcar. Don’t spend your time with companies that don’t have these vehicles.
- Be careful with companies that ask you to pay a large advance before they start working.
- A good company will help you package and pair electronic devices such as computers, televisions, VCDs, and DVD players.
Happy packing and enjoy your new home!